Xogito is a global citizen company operating worldwide in a virtual environment. We are industry leaders in remote work. Every day we help our clients exceed their business goals and gain invaluable experience of it.
For our Infrastructure Operations Team, we are looking for
Full time, permanent, remote job in Europe
Work hours: 7am - 3pm EST (US)
Salary: expressed in monthly gross, discussed based on actual experience
Purpose of the Role
As the IT Manager you will take overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the client’s technical needs following the SLA. Having a sound understanding of business perspectives, end-users and technical challenges in an office life-cycle, you will act as the link between stakeholders, users and the operations team and establish a productive environment with a focus on security and business success, while being able to jump hands-on when needed in the process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the client to understand their mission and needs
- Create and coordinate infrastructure planning following ITIL methodology: migration, scaling etc
- Prioritize customer requirements, contributing to the long-term vision and strategy
- Oversee planned operations and deployment activities, as well as preventive maintenance
- Manage and mentor the Ops and help-desk in maintaining a single enterprise-wide view of the IT infrastructure across multiple sites to be able to enforce standard best practices and consistent policies, procedures, processes
- Liaise between different participants, such as stakeholders and technical personnel, creating an effective environment
- Maintain a good collaboration with 3rd party providers and decide when to utilize their resources
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Strong understanding of technical aspects, user-experience and business capabilities of different products required in managed services type of projects
- Good understanding and previous experience implementing advanced security features which mitigate password harvesting, phishing and ransomware attacks
- Experience coordinating and working with remotely distributed teams
- Client facing experience with a technical project management approach
- Background in successfully delivering UCaaS products
- Experience working with Windows-based applications
- Deployment and management of 3rd party applications such as Office 365, Sharepoint
- Understanding of ERP applications functionality
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, VoIP and security practices is necessary
- Overall understanding or background in a help-desk role
- Previous experience in an industry which had regulatory constraints or data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent and clear communication with stakeholders at different levels of seniority and knowledge
- Ability to create detailed project plans for the team and the client
- Ability to assess the prioritization of tasks to be performed
- Ability to recognize blockers or problems early and take corrective action
- Strong detail orientation, with good time management
Required Education & Qualifications
- BA in Computer Science, or relevant professional experience
- Exceptional verbal and written English
- Willingness to work in EST schedule
Benefits of winning a career at Xogito
- Reward and recognition, a long-term commitment to excel in your career
- Remote work model supporting the value of family time and work-life balance
- Career development path, respecting both your professional interests and the company's strategic goals
- Access and support for good training and certification programs as needed
- Engagement within the global IT society, adding value to the remote work community
- Regular company off-sites and co-working days
- Top of the scale remuneration and KPI based performance bonuses
- Vacation days, paid sick leave and personal days off
- Eastern Time work schedule perfect for someone who enjoys personal time in the morning
As an employer Xogito stands for bringing together and nurturing top digital talent. Our team consists of seasoned IT Professionals who solve with curiosity and excellence extreme technical challenges. We believe that the Agile SWD, TDD, cloud computing and open source technologies are the present and the future of technology. In our day-to-day activities we adhere to best industry practices and enjoy it.
Please apply by sending a recent version of your CV in English focusing on your experience managing infrastructure and help-desk teams as well as security experience.
All applications will be carefully reviewed, suitable candidates will be contacted shortly.
➡️ Please mention you found the job through WeRemote.EU when you apply.
👆 This helps us bring more companies and jobs to the platform.
⚠️ When you click on the button above you'll no longer be on www.weremote.eu. If you're asked to pay to apply, or if anything looks fishy or too good to be true, it probably is. Be careful of remote work scams.