As a new technology leader in the field of cell-free DNA profiling and detection, Quantgene is launching a product poised to change the course of medicine: a multi-cancer screening test capable of detecting the ten deadliest cancers in the blood at the earliest possible stage.
Our clinical network includes many of the best and largest clinical institutions in the US and Europe. Global leaders in science, oncology, and biotech have validated our research and methodologies. Quantgene's machine learning team is world-class, and our wet lab division is led by one of the most accomplished teams in genomic diagnostics.
We are small, agile and highly effective. We have a team of 20, and we are growing fast.
About the candidate
The ideal candidate to help us build a local infrastructure team is a creative problem solver who will keep an eye on scalability of the solution and will work in coordination with cross-functional teams to develop, and maintain our next generation web tools.
You must be comfortable working as part of a partially distributed team and ensuring a high code quality should be a given for you. As a mentor and best-practice evangelist you should guide less experienced team members and help steer development processes and development of the code into a direction where it remains maintainable, fast and safe.
Quantgene values entrepreneurial thinkers who love to devise new ideas and drive them to fruition. Your voice will be heard here, and welcome. We have a collaborative environment with smart people who are passionate about wellness, changing healthcare, and saving lives through early cancer detection. It’s fun, challenging, and ultimately meaningful work that makes a genuine difference.
- Implement, maintain and optimize part of our web-based tool chain
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify, document and implement new requirements
- maintain and constantly work on improving the code quality
- Ensuring performance and security (web-)best-practices
- Internalized and actively employs TDD and SOLID principles
- Proficiency in either server-side Node.js and Python
- Solid knowledge in using traditional relational and document-based databases
- Ability to focus on, organize your work, and prioritize it
- Ability to do client-side and server-side code profiling and performance analysis
- Pen-testing basics
- Flexible time schedule
- Timezone: CET ( Berlin )
- Preferred hours 06:30 - 21:00 CET
- Core hours required 08:30 - 12:30 CET
- Work hours per week: 40h
After trial period, upon personal decision, we offer paid relocation to our new office in Berlin.
➡️ Please mention you found the job through WeRemote.EU when you apply.
👆 This helps us bring more companies and jobs to the platform.
⚠️ When you click on the button above you'll no longer be on www.weremote.eu. If you're asked to pay to apply, or if anything looks fishy or too good to be true, it probably is. Be careful of remote work scams.