Our client is an Australian company that tailors construction experience to their customers' requirements with the goal of making their build experience like no other.
Our client is looking for a construction estimator to review plans, create tender packaging for quoting, generate a construction of a bill of quantities, and assist in project management.
A Day in the Life
- Analyzing construction plans/performing takeoffs
- Organizing all work method statements for projects.
- Facilitate services connections. eg, power, water scope
- Create spreadsheets of active jobs to manage progress.
- Provide updates daily to the client
The client has a friendly qualified team that will work in partnership with customers to deliver their unique development vision.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Phone support experience
- Superior English communication skills - oral and written
- Excited to learn and upskill
- Willing to learn new processes in the construction industry
- Must have the ability to work autonomously
- Proactive and takes initiatives
- Should have at least 1 year of experience in the construction industry
- Amenable to work on a part-time basis during Australian Eastern business hours
- Noise-canceling headset
- High speed and reliable internet
- Updated PC or laptop running Windows 10/8
- Quiet and comfortable work space
- Minimum Internet speed of 10 Mbps
- Digitally savvy and a tech enthusiast, willing to try and learn new platforms
- Has a backup computer and back up Internet connection
The Future of Work
GMT is a global recruitment company changing the face of recruitment and staffing. Our headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia but we are truly global. We are all about connecting the best international talent with the best companies. We provide our talent with the flexibility of being able to work a home office with tailored hours for amazing companies. Our hourly rates are very generous and you become part of our unique community; a place to share ideas, connect and socialise and continually upskill.
NOTE: We highly encourage that you only apply for the role that best matches your skills in Grow My Team instead of applying for all the open roles to avoid delays in getting to best outcomes for you.
Due to regulations, we are unable to offer remote work to Australian citizens and residents.